Milan, a metropolis in northern Italy’s northern Lombardy region, is a global capital of fashion and design. Home to the national stock exchange, it’s a financial hub also known for its high-end restaurants and shops. The Gothic Duomo di Milano cathedral and the Santa Maria delle Grazie convent, housing Leonardo da Vinci’s fresco “The Last Supper,” testify to centuries of art and culture.
The official site for tourism in Milan is turismo Milano where you can find all the information you need from touristic Itineraries to touristic districts, from a Guide to the City of Milan to City of Milan’s official app VisitMilano, from Open Wi-Fi Milano to a virtual tour of the city Milan in 360°.
Casually walk along Milan’s center streets to catch the spirit of the town and of the time, in addition to its famous attractions. While seeing the sites that Milan is famous for:
Leonardo da Vinci and his masterpieces, like The Last Supper, the machines drawings at Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana, the priceless collection of models of machines at Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia, the defences of the Castello Sforzesco, Leonardo’s vineyard in the tranquil garden of the historic Atellani House.
Modern & Contemporary Art, which can be admired at Museo del Novecento,Galleria d’Arte Moderna, Padiglione d’Arte Contemporanea, Fondazione Prada, Hangar Bicocca, Casa-Museo Boschi-di Stefano, and Villa Necchi Campiglio.
Churches & Basilicas: Duomo: the gothic cathedral with its 135 spires and 3,400 statues, Basilica di Sant’Ambrogio: dedicated to Milan’s patron saint, Chiesa di San Maurizio, a hidden gem covered from floor to ceiling in sensational frescoes, Basilica di Santa Maria delle Grazie, Unesco World Heritage Site, Basilica di Sant’Eustorgio, and its fine Renaissance chapel, Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli sopra San Celso.
If you have time to plan a trip to the outskirts of Milan, you can consult in Lombardia for information on famous artistic towns, ancient castles, small villages, old towers, grandiose churches, elegant monuments, rich museums but also poetic lakes, arduous mountains, colored markets and sparkling fairs!
Helpful apps to download
- City of Milan’s official app: VisitMilano
- Free wireless network in the Municipality of Milan: Open Wi-Fi Milano
- Milan’s main integrated mobility platform: ATM app allowing you to purchase tickets via credit card or text message and combining ATM public transport means with real-time information on railway stations and airports, car-sharing vehicles, BikeMi and cycle-paths
- Regional rail travel app: Trenord app
- Bike sharing: Bikemi
- Augmented reality map: WELC
- Milano Musei: https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/milanomusei/id528922087?mt=8
- Restaurants, bars, pizzerias, pharmacies, museums, Metro Stations, All Car Sharing, Film and Parks Events: MiraMi
- Taxi: Milano-in-Taxi